Construction period: 25 months
Contract type: GC21 Managing Contractor
Customer: DPTI/Health SA
- 4 new Operating Theatres
- 2 new Procedure Rooms
- 8 Bed Extended Emergency Care Unit
- 4 Bed High Dependency unit
- 20 Bed Palliative Care unit
- 26 Bed Short Stay General Medical unit
- New main entry and Out Patient Department with Audiology Booth, Laser, consulting, treatment, procedure rooms
- New Administrative Area Essential Infrastructure Upgrades
Built Environs was awarded the Managing Contractor position for the pre-construction services for the Modbury Hospital Upgrade Project in South Australia. The project is driven by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) and SA Health and is a community improvement program of work enhancing the design of the hospital and improving access to patient care.
The Modbury Hospital Upgrade Project will deliver selected clinical upgrades to high priority areas and infrastructure and building services upgrades within the site. The upgrades include refurbishment of various areas in the existing buildings and new build works. Infrastructure priorities include façade remediation, seismic structural upgrade and various building services.
The extensive redevelopment works are all taking place in and around a fully functioning Live Hospital Environment. Careful planning, staging and consultation with local Hospital stakeholder the key to mitigating disruption.