Customer: Perth Airport Pty Ltd
Construction period: 14 months
- Working in an operating airport (including landside and airside construction) while in close proximity to several other construction works at Perth’s major airport.
- Most of the works were carried out in restricted areas and was only accessible via Airside Security.
Summary: Built Environs has successfully delivered the Perth Airport Terminal 1 Domestic Pier and International Departures Expansion project, this was the largest component of the airport’s $1 billion redevelopment.
The project also comprised the following:
- A new Virgin Australia lounge,
- A baggage reclaim area on the ground floor, accessing new taxi and parking facilities,
- International departures area,
- 18 new international check-in desks,
- Domestic terminal area
- Three new airline lounges; and
- New and expanded retail offerings.
The project team successfully managed the challenges that accompanied the complex airside construction works at an operational passenger airport, including complying with stringent airport security and occupational health, safety and environmental requirements.