Construction period: 33 months
Customer: Perth Airport Pty Ltd
Contract Type: Lumpsum
- Domestic Terminal - 22 new domestic check-in desks, as well as check-in kiosks and bag-drop technology.
- Domestic Terminal - Three Airbus A330-capable gates, each with two aerobridges, and four other aircraft gates.
- International departures - 18 new international check-in desks.
- International departures - Two Airbus A380-capable gates.
Summary: Built Environs successfully delivered the Perth Airport Terminal 1 Domestic Pier and International Departures Expansion project, the largest component of the airport’s $1 billion redevelopment. The project team successfully managed the challenges that accompanied the complex airside construction works at an operational passenger airport, including complying with stringent airport security and occupational health, safety and environmental requirements.
Domestic terminal area
- 22 new domestic check-in desks, as well as check-in kiosks and bag-drop technology.
- Three Airbus A330-capable gates, each with two aerobridges, and four other aircraft gates.
- A new shopping area with nine retail offerings.
- A new Virgin Australia lounge.
- A baggage reclaim area on the ground floor, accessing new taxi and parking facilities.
International departures area
- 18 new international check-in desks.
- Two Airbus A380-capable gates, each with two aerobridges to support quick aircraft turnarounds.
- Three new airline lounges.
- New and expanded retail offerings.