Customer: The Auckland City Mission Cheritable Trust
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contract type: ECI
Construction Period: 24 months
- Basement – 3 tenancies, back-of-house facilities and 38 carparks.
- Ground floor – Café, Pharmacy and ACM Reception.
- Level 1 – ACM Offices, meeting rooms, etc.
- Levels 2 and 3 – Medical treatment centre incl. Dental, GPs, detoxification facilities, patient rooms, and communal areas.
- Levels 4 to 8 – 80 supportive housing apartments, incl. balconies to each apartment.
- Roof level – Communal spaces (meeting / conference rooms, roof terrace, greenhouse space etc.) and Plant Rooms.
Construction of the Auckland City Mission (ACM) HomeGround Development required the demolition of three existing buildings and will be followed by the refurbishment of the heritage-listed “Prince of Wales” building. Most of the structure will be made of Cross Laminated Timber (CLT).
When completed, the Auckland City Mission project will be the tallest CLT building in New Zealand.
During the tender and ECI periods Built Environs investigated numerous alternative design solutions.
The award of this project marked a significant milestone for Built Environs as it will be the first project that to be delivered in New Zealand. Built Environs expanded operations in to New Zealand in February 2018 where we are co-located with McConnell Dowell in Auckland.