Urbanest – at the University of Adelaide
Project duration: July 2016 to January 2018
Value: $65 million
Contract type: Design and Construct (Early Contractor Involvement)
Summary: Urbanest at the University of Adelaide is a multi-story purpose built student accommodation building with two floors of retail tenancies.
The facility is located directly across the road from the University of Adelaide’s main campus.
The development includes:
- An open plan retail space and student hub.
- 20 stories of student accommodation (505 rooms with 689 beds).
- A rooftop garden that is orientated towards, and designed to overlook, North Terrace.
- Fully equipped gym.
- Study rooms and Computer Hub.
- A large social area on the ground floor with comfortable seating.
- A modern card operated laundry.
- Wireless internet throughout the building.
- Cinema Room and Games Room.
- Secure bike store.
During the tender and ECI periods Built Environs investigated numerous alternative design solutions for Urbanest’s consideration.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) was utilised on the project, with the building also incorporating a BubbleDeck precast concrete system to ensure a safe, efficient and sustainable development.